If you have any Questions you think should be added to these FAQ’s please email us via our contact page.
1. Does Lower Mountains Landscape Supplies deliver on weekends?
2. Do I order bulk materials in tonnes or cubic metres?
3. How can I work out the area I need to cover?
4. How do I convert cubic metres to tonnes?
5. How do I place an order with Lower Mountains Landscape Supplies?
6. When my order is placed, how soon will my order arrive?
7. Which payment options does Lower Mountains Landscape Supplies accept?
8. What should I let the team at Lower Mountains Landscape Supplies know before I place a delivery order?
9. Which size trucks are available to suit my load?
10. How do I choose the right paver?
11. Can we look at the pavers somewhere?
12. How much does paver delivery cost?
13. We would like to get a quote on our paving job?
14. Can we take some brochures home on paving and retaining walls?
15. We have seen a paver but you don’t seem to have them?
1. Does Lower Mountains Landscape Supplies deliver on weekends?
A. Yes, We are Open for delivery 7 days per week.
Monday to Friday: 6.30 am – 5pm
Saturday: 7am – 4pm
Sunday: 9am – 4pm
(Last calls for deliveries is 4pm)
2. Q. Do I order bulk materials in tonnes or cubic metres?
A. You order heavy quarry materials such as gravels, sands, pebbles, road base and decomposed granite in tonnes… and light materials such as garden soils, mulch, mushroom compost, premium top soil and firewood in cubic metres.
3. Q. How can I work out the area I need to cover?
A. Measure the volume of area in metres using this simple formula
(Length x Width x depth (thickness of coverage needed) = metres cubed
Ie. Length 4m x width 5m x 0.05m (5cm) = 1 m³ (metres cubed)
4. Q. How do I convert cubic metres to tonnes?
A. When ordering gravels, sands, pebbles, road base, decomposed granite and all other quarry products. Use this simple guide to convert your measured space into what you need to order.
1. First calculate the volume of area in cubic metres
2. Multiply your cubic metres by the density conversion rate of cubic metres to tonnes.
a. Sand = 1.4
b. Gravel = 1.5
c. Pebbles = 1.5
d. Road base (uncompacted) = 1.9
e. Road base compacted = 2.2
f. Garden Soil = 0.75
Example. 1m³ of compacted road base x 2.2 = 2.2 Tonnes
If you are still unsure whether or not you are doing it correctly please call us on 4739 8899 and we can help you as best we can.
5. Q. How do I place an order with Lower Mountains Landscape Supplies?
A. To place an order with LMLS all you have to do is walk in store, call us on 4739 8899 or e-mail us at email@example.com and we can organise what you need and when you need it.
6. Q. When my order is placed, how soon will my order arrive?
A. Depending on your location, deliveries can be at the destination within 1-2 hours of your call. Specific times may be arranged if adequate notice is given.
During busy weekend and spring periods, ordering a couple of days in advance will ensure that you get your product when you need it.
7. Q. Which payment options does Lower Mountains Landscape Supplies accept?
A. At LMLS we offer a range of payment options for our products and services.
We accept Cash in store and on Delivery
MasterCard, VISA and EFTPOS (either over the phone or in store)
Direct deposit (our account details can be obtained from staff)
Accounts are mainly for our larger trade customers but can be organised for larger ongoing residential projects too.
8. Q. What should I let the team at Lower Mountains Landscape Supplies know before I place a delivery order?
A. There are a few things that we should know before we send a delivery out. These may include…
How wide is the access to your driveway or yard?
Is it easier to drive front in or reverse into your driveway?
Are there power lines/trees above where you want your load to be dropped?
Will there be anyone home to help direct the driver?
Will there be a tarp/plastic sheet available to ensure the site being left neat/tidy and covered if need be
These few things can make a big difference in ensuring we guarantee great and reliable service as well as keeping you happy.
9. Q. Which size trucks are available to suit my load?
A. LMLS has trucks which include:
3.5- 4 T trucks for the smaller loads (0.5-3.5T or 5-6m³)
14.5 T truck for the bigger loads (4T + and 15m³)
31.5 T truck and Dog trailer for quarry loads etc (14 – 31.5T)
10. Q. How do I choose the right paver?
1. To help you make a good paver selection we need to know the following information…
Is the paving job a driveway, pathway or patio? If a driveway, choose a thicker driveway safe paver.
Has it got many curved edges? If yes, a smaller brick shaped paver will be much easier to use.
Is it around a pool area? If yes, choose either a clay or salt safe paver.
Will a tradesman be doing the job? Some pavers are very hard to cut and require a greater level of experience. Also… some pavers are called ‘wet bed’ pavers which vary in thickness slightly… these need to be laid like tiles on a sand and cement bed for the best result. We have a professional paver laying service if you need a hand.
What style is your new area? Modern, heritage, large format paver, country style.
Has the area many trees nearby which drop a lot of leaves? Choose a clay paver which can be cleaned easily or you may find staining a problem. We can seal the pavers for you but this won’t prevent tannins leaching out… only make them easier to clean.
11. Q. Can we look at the pavers somewhere?
Yes, you can come into our display yard 7 days to look at the selection.
12. Q. How much does paver delivery cost?
Small orders out of our yard are generally $25 – $50 for local deliveries. Small orders which need to come direct from the manufacturer have an $88 delivery fee but can be waivered if the quantity is over 2 pallets generally.
13. Q. We would like to get a quote on our paving job?
Part of our core business is a professional Paving and Landscaping team. We would be happy to come and meet with you to discuss your new project. Visit the Landscape Construction Page for information or simply call us on 4753 7777 or 0418 830 353 to book a FREE onsite consultation.
14. Q. Can we take some brochures home on paving and retaining walls?
Yes, we have a wide range of brochures from our companies such as Boral, Austral Bricks, Adbri and many more.
15. Q. We have seen a paver but you don’t seem to have them?
We have a huge network of suppliers that we can order through. As there are 100’s of companies we can’t possibly have all of them on display so come and talk to us regarding your special order.